Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Life Realization

One person said to me in an SMS:

"[...] kahit suplado ka [...]"

What does "suplado" really mean?

For all the life that I have lived, I knew this word to mean someone who literally snobs anyone. The problem, I just met this person (well, maybe I can call him a friend, but we're not close yet). So when he sent me the message (the quote was part of the whole), I realized that he means "suplado" as someone who only notices [most of his] teachers, all of his friends and relatives. Well, I'm not hurt by what he said: there is no offense done. But via what he said, he made me reflect on what my personality is.

I remembered myself before. I used to dream of becoming a celebrity. I thought smiling is not tiring. I thought all people who know you and call your name [even if you're on a comfort room] is one happy thing. But as my life goes on, this all changed. Stardom is such a pain in the ass. Philippine television is boring. And I never knew how to smile from the heart again. I've failed in love a lot of times, yet I'm still here. I managed to survive, though, but I forgot to smile. You see, if "love inflicts you pain" it leaves a scar. You may be traumatized.

Wait, what am I saying? Where in the blog world am I? Heck! The "suplado" thing! Oh, well. I think I need a personality assessment and make-over. Let's start by this question:

What things in me do you like and/or hate?

Answer with truth. Why? Because Asians tend to beat around the bush. So instead of correcting the flaw, it is being ignored.

19 comments:

  1. hmm... the fact that sometimes, you're kind of a snob to people that i really think you should try to be friends with. the fact that sometimes, there are lots of people out there who sometimes have bigger problems than you, but you act as if you have the biggest problems in the world.. i can understand that, i'm like that too... but i realized, sometimes, we should just simplify our problems and think of the simplest solutions. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. sa tingin ko hindi ka naman suplado, a. it's just that meron kang aura of aloofness that people mistake for snobbery.

    astig kang dude!

    unfortunately, wala pa akong hate sa yo kasi di tayo nagkikita, nag-uusap or whatever. it's hard to point out a flaw in someone you don't really know that well, so sorry talaga. (hey, maybe that's your flaw, you don't come across as a very friendly and bonding-type person! of course, circumstances lang naman siguro ang nagpe-prevent nito so oops mahaba na yung sentence.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. friendly naman siya, e. XD well, sakin oo..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, if there's one good thing about pain, I think it's the fact that it subsides--sooner or later. And scars do fade away in time.

    I don't find you suplado or anything. Probably, I just think we all get to be suplado in some ways, and with some people. It's natural for us, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, we tend to overreact and exaggerate. but we have our emo moments, right? 8D

    ReplyDelete
  6. sa'yo nga, oo. well, sa lahat naman nang friends ko, oo. (wow, aus un, nagiging friendly lang ako sa mga friends ko. ano kaya yun?) XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, and that's a thing i can't change. that's part of being "me" already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, hurl anything into me ater reading this but I kinda agree with that friedn of yours. I don't mind your being "suplado" but some people might find it, ya know, bad. You have atendency to be insensitive sometimes and that's not a very good trait. But don't worry, you're ne of the bestest best friends I ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  9. and this is the day i finally realized i was waaaaaaay insensitive via a text message from him (again). something happened kasi as i wanna vanish in the next 2 [or 4] math122 meetings. wala ba xang binibigay na incentive for perfect attendance/minus sa may absent?

    ReplyDelete
  10. all sentences are true? im confused... the last sentence at the quote... don't tell me you don't smile from the heart as well? O_O

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes! well, now that you mentioned it, i smiled 'from the heart' yesterday. hehe. nagblog nga ko about dun. haha. pero normally, i don't smile...from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. scary...
    [wait, i don't smile like that as well, so i might, as well, be scary... oh, ok. you're not scary anymore. blag.]

    ReplyDelete
  13. is it me or are you implying that the people around us are... paranormal?

    ReplyDelete
  14. we are normal in our own ways. we are weird in our own ways.

    ReplyDelete