Thursday, November 27, 2008

I Used To Like That Boy From Physics

Electromagnetism.

I walked towards the room where the Physics lecture was being held. I saw my professor, the goddess of condensed matter, who's great at the subject but will make you snooze. But I'm more concentrated with my seatmate.

One semester before then when I last saw him. He was my classmate on the Physics class prior to this. He's cute, I said. But there's no way I can meet him. Not until that fateful semester...

He's my seatmate. I'm looking at him instead of listening to the goddess. I can smell his scent: it was so intoxicating. Every time he smiled, I smile as well. I can see the world through his small eyes, but I can't see myself in there.

We were seatmates until the end of the semester, but we never talked. I never had the courage to befriend him. I was talking to Andie [who was my classmate] and Omega [who was just sitting-in with us], not to him. I thought I did not regret not talking to him. And, at the same time, I thought I regretted not talking to him.

One year had passed, I still never saw him. Until today.

We were in the same public vehicle. He was in front of me. I half-smiled, wishing I was beside him instead. Soon, he felt asleep. On his right side is a gay who took delight of gaping at him and touching him. I saw the gay smiled while looking at the sleeping man. He leaned at the gay, unconsciously while sleeping of course. At that time, my heart is crying.

Jealousy.

Yes, jealousy. I feel bad about the scenario that I'm looking at for the next 45 minutes. I wanted to wake him up, but who am I? I am nothing to him. If I told him his name, and when he realized that I did not obtained his name directly from him, he might get angry at me. And besides, I might be disturbing his sleep.

So I bear with that scene for 45 minutes, with my heart and eyes crying secretly.

I regretted everything. I wished that I got a chance to talk to him last year. I wished that I befriended him last year.

But now he hurt me when he was sleeping,

I still like him.

But he won't know. I can't let him know. I have to control myself.

I should have at least befriended him when he was my seatmate for half a year.

I like you, Jade. I like you...

But I know we can't be together. It can't be. It's basic law of attraction: like signs repel.

Signed,
Daniel Jupiter

===

As a replacement for Daniel Jupiter: Episode 3.

7 comments: