Saturday, October 18, 2008

Frustrations and Loss of Inspiration... And Failures

I woke up early so that I can go to UP early to review. When I was already there, I started reviewing at the library. After a few more scans and reads, I rested and met my friends. Practically, we were "enjoying" (there were 2 birthday celebrants) the times until our professor came.

EVERYTHING IS A DISASTER! I only know 2 out of 5 items. At the end, I answered 2.5/5 items. Here are my failures:

1. linear independence of vectors <=> non-singular coordinate matrix
~>I'd done the <= part. For the => part, I was trying the contrapositive. Later did I realize that I am almost done. Sadly, I don't know what to do that time.
Points: 0.5 x 7

2. how many sol's does AX=0 have if AX=B has no sol'n?
~>My answer: the nullity of A. The answer: infinitely many. My professor said, "Mapapamura ka kapag nalaman mo yung sagot". And he was right. This is actually related to the => part of 1.
Points: 0

3. find P s.t. P'AP is diagonal
~>Easy. I almost forgot the answer. If not for the hint given by my professor earlier, I will have no answer for this item.
Points: 1 x 7

4. if A^m is 0, show I-A is non-singular
~>Very Easy. Just abuse the series expansion of 1/(1-x).
Points: 1 x 7

5. if A is an orthogonal basis, then the norm is preserved on the linear transformation
~>No comment.
Points: 0 x 7

Total: 50%. FAILING
Final Grade: 67%. => 2.75. Letse. You broke my streak. T_T

Actually, before and during the exam, I was waiting for a divine intervention, but nothing came. Good thing, at home, there was popcorn and soda. At least they made me happy.

21 comments:

  1. *punas punas* sorry naman. wag mo nalang basahin ung naka-courier. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha parang gusto ko tuloy matuto ng algebra. hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. pwede naman kitang turuan ah. (sana lang magaling akong magturo. lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. game. we can start with negotiating the salary... joke! haha! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahahaha kung kelan ka pde hahahahahaha. kaso maguumpisa tau sa pinakabasic, as in buong algebra ituturo mo sa ken wahahha. out na ko :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kahit naman kelan uubra ako, eh. haha. wag lang pag may exam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lahat tayo nagiintay ng divine inetrvention...

    ReplyDelete
  8. alam ko...don't let it go over your head...tandaan mo, may fallback ka kahit anong mangyari

    ReplyDelete
  9. either way, you'll be in laude standing

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay lang yan...you have 3 mores sems to go

    ReplyDelete